Sunday, December 13, 2009

Baby update

Just a little update. The pregnancy is going great and we are down to 29 days until my due date. Baby Heslop is healthy and growing way too fast. I freaked a bit when my midwife said that its a good chance this baby will be over 8lbs. I've been having lots of the braxton hicks contractions and pretty much live in sweat pants now. This baby seems a little more mellow than Luke was. Luke was a big kicker, I mean big, painful kicks. This little one seams to be more of a stretcher. I'm only a month away and haven't had any painful kicks, just lots of wiggling. We still haven't found out the baby's sex and we are banging our heads against the wall with the whole name thing. We have lots of girl names we like, but when it comes to boy names we have nothing. We'll probably be like those parents you hear about on the news that finally give their kid an official name on their third birthday:) Baby's head is also bigger than normal. At every appointment my midwife informs me that the head measures the same as a baby this is about 2 weeks farther along. So my baby has a ginormous head. Not really a surprise because Luke's head is in the 80th percentile while his body is in the 10th. Just a family of huge heads I guess. I was really hoping to go without the whole episiotomy this time, but they keep commenting on baby's huge head, oh well. I also dilated really early with my first. By this time with Luke I was dilated to a three and still had a month to go, but still went full term, so we'll see how far I am at this week's appointment. I haven't let myself do any planning or shopping for the baby yet because I knew I wouldn't get any studying done. But now that finals are over I have lots of time to plan without feeling like I really should be studying.

5 comments:

Marriott's said...

Hey!!! I just found your blog. Cute little Luke is getting so big. So I bet you and Liz are excited to have your kids so close together. We will probably see each other again this year at basketball. Yay.

DeAnna said...

Hang in there.....baby will probably slow down and not be as big as they say.....that's what always happens to me anyway! Good Luck....as I have always said, nobody is tougher than you!

* said...

Maybe the baby will come two weeks early???!!

Alissa said...

You know, my friend's doctor actually induced her b/c they told her the baby was going to be over 9 lbs and he was only 7 something. So hopefully your baby will do something like that. And I TOTALLY hear ya on the big-headed babies. Josie has always been around the 90th % for head size. :P Good luck with everything!! I hope its a girl so your baby can have a name :)

Nielsen Family said...

Yeah maybe because of the size they'll induce you early! But it seems like they are off on the size a lot. They guessed Emma was a whole pound bigger than she actually was and that was with an ultrasound every month.