Friday, May 7, 2010

Easter in Moab

We got to spend Easter in Moab again this year. A bunch of people from our stake go every year and camp it out in the desert. It's one of our favorite trips of the year. We had a blast and the weather was awesome. I didn't got a pic of camp, I'll have to remember to do that next year.





This is us on the "big wash" trail. It's about a four hour ride so we pack our lunches. Here we are at the lunch stop.

Our group stopped for lunch.



Some friends had an empty back seat on their Razor. Their grandkids couldn't make the trip and they said they needed a little grandson to ride with them. So here is Luke riding in luxury. He even had a seat belt. Everything turned out great except I forgot to put sunscreen on Luke, he got so burned that his face was all swollen and puffy the next day and he had blisters on his cheeks. I felt like the biggest gerk in the whole world. Luke didn't seem to mind of coarse, but I felt horrible. He didn't even look like himself. He got to bathe in aloe vera several times a day after that.


Alex and I rode a four wheeler and we took turns carrying the baby. This is how Cam rode, strapped to us in his little pack. (He looks like the kid from Christmas Story, in the little brown marshmallow suit. He did great, just slept the whole way.



We usually leave camp for a day and do some other sight-seeing in the area. This year we wanted to take Luke to Goblin Valley. It was a new experience for me too. I have seen pics of the valley before, but I never knew you could hike down there. If you look real close you can see tiny people way down there in the middle of the pic on the left. We just ran around and explored and played lots of hide-and-go-seek in the goblins.


Mom and Luke posing with a goblin

Alex has Cam strapped to him under his coat. We forgot to take him out and get some pics with him too. Oh well.

Luke loved climbing around on everything.

Luke, Cam and Daddy


We usually do a egg hunt at the camp with everyone, but they were waiting until later on Sunday to do it and we wanted to start for home because Alex had to work on Monday. So we did our own little one in the back yard when we got home. We made it home just before dark but the pics still turned out ok.


Luke finding a surprise on top of the slide.

We can't wait until next year. Easter is great in Moab. Its nice to get away for a weekend and experience some T-shirt weather (with sunscreen, of coarse)!!!!!

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

That does look like a fun trip! Glad you guys were able to go again. It sure looks like Camden was good!

Nielsen Family said...

How fun! You are so brave/awesome to take that little baby camping! Haha I don't think I could handle it....haha. Anyways, cute family and glad you had a good time!

* said...

How come Sqweegi and I didn't get invited!!!! We could have kept up! LOL

Erin said...

Sorry mas, but squeeg wouln't have made it through all the mud.