Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yikes!!!!!

Well, this whole flu thing is really starting to mess things up. I'm hearing of new cases every stinking day. And now there are new restrictions just about everywhere. A few bishops out here have even canceled church to try and stop the flu from spreading. The hospitals have just changed their visitor policy so I have been informed that I can only have a very few visitors when I have my baby. Also ABSOLUTLEY NO CHILDREN under 14 allowed in the delivery and maternity wards. It makes me sad knowing that Luke won't even get to come to the hospital and visit his new sibling. He'll just think we wen't out shopping and brought home a new kid. And I usually just take Luke with me to my appointments to see my midwife, but I have just learned that the clinic is not allowing children to accompany their parents anymore. CRAP!!! All I keep hearing from them is how vunerable mothers and infants are and I need to do everything I can to protect myself and my baby. They told me that they don't have any flu shots so I need to find a place where I can get one. So if anyone knows where I can get a regular flu shot, please let me know. H1N1 shots aren't even available yet so they told me to sit tight on that one. I'm probably freaking out too much about this, but it doesn't help when they are shutting everything around me down because of a contagious virus. I now have been bathing in hand sanitizer and I think just about everyone else is too sinse I went to buy some more and every store was out. I probably shouldn't bother because Alex catches everything from work and brings it home anyway. Well, here's hoping he doesn't catch it:)

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

I'm glad you didn't come over the other night! My boys are doing really quite well....H1N1 doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought it would be but I keep hearing to keep it away from prego girls too. If you get a fever....just go right in to the doctor and don't wait. You'll be okay. I have been continually sterilizing my house to try and keep the Gradester healthy so after this week you can drop Luke off here when you have appointmets if you want to. Stay home a lot, and make Alex bathe in sanitizer too! :) Hang in there!

* said...

I love your cute halloween blog, What is lucas b pontapee going to be for halloween. Paxton is going to be Mommy's little pumkin, well if he gets here on time. No one will get to see it cause he can't go out for fear of the flu. . . maybe thats why he wants to stay in my belly.

Heslop said...

Hey!! I've been worried about H1N1 too... it seems like everyone and their dog has it, or has had it. So I drug Gage Broc and Macy to the BIG clinic at the Davis Conference Center last week and stood in line for 3 hours so they could get the shot (we even got there an hour before it started)... I think they are supposed have another one this tuesday... check their websites for info on clinics and then get there early!!! Good luck and Hope you don't get sick in the meantime!