Friday, September 4, 2009

Bow Hunt '09




The hunt was a blast. We were there for 7 days this year and it just wasn't long enough. We had quite a bit of excitment too. Luke took Grandpa's fourwheeler for a little spin in camp. He was sitting on the fourwheeler and somehow figured out how to get it into neutral. I was sitting up at the campfire and the next thing I see is Luke flying down the hill through camp. He crashed into Amy and Brandon's trailer leaving a dent which splintered the support wall. Dad and Uncle Randy took the paneling off and pounded out the dent, but there's only so much you can do. Luke went flying off during the impact but wasn't hurt at all. He was just mad because I wouldn't let him back on. He thought the whole thing was a lot of fun. I'm thinking of calling up Dave Ramsey and thanking him for his advice of having an emergency fund on hand. It's just sad that our two year old had used more of it up than either Alex or I.

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

I love the one of Luke after he had a good cry....so funny!

Nielsen Family said...

It was fun. But 2 days was enough for me and Emma. I don't think we were prepared enough. I'm glad we got to come and see you. I think it was the first time I'd seen Luke. He is so cute! I didn't know he was behind the renege 4 wheeler... I'd just heard it hit their trailer. I'm glad he's okay.

Heat said...

Buddy, that gave me a good laugh!!!

Alissa said...

Aww.. I'm so sad I couldn't go!! Glad you guys had fun!

* said...

Poor Lucas B! LOL I'm glad he wasn't hurt and as for the trailer if no one would have said anything we wouldn't have noticed. Our dads did an amazing job to fix it :>