Saturday, June 13, 2009

Awhhhh, the joys of remodeling!!!

Well, the sheet rock guys came today to finish all the sheet rock and they have now officially block us off. The door connecting our part of the house with the other part is no longer there. The bad news is that all our stuff is still down there. The landlords had Alex do the plumbing for the new washer/dryer hookups and they just sheet rocked that too, but the landlord wants to come paint, so we can't move the washer/dryer up yet. And our bathroom up here isn't finished yet and is all torn apart. There is a contractor doing the other work in the house but the upstairs bathroom is being done by one of the landlord's husbands. So part of the remodel is not communication with the other part. Who knows when our bathroom will be done. So, as you know, our only bathroom is downstairs, but the door is gone. So I now have to walk outside through the back door, across the backyard, through the carport and though the other apartment's front door to use our bathroom. This is going to be the joy of my life come 2:00 a.m. and the late night root beer float starts to hit. Oh and I have to do all that too shower too. I just know I'll get out there and shower, then realize I have forgotten my towel and clothes. Let's just hope that there isn't anybody milking the cows at that time, I should be o.k. to streak if they're not:)

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

That is so funny Erin! Well, probably not as funny to you but it makes me chuckle! Good luck with everything.....in the meantime, try not to be such a nakedemus and get a bathrobe! :)

Alissa said...

Ooh.. streaking sounds like fun! You should try it anyways.. :)

Erin said...

I have kept streaking to a "lake powell only thing", but maybe it is time to branch out and broaden my horizons:)