Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dates, Times, Names, etc.......

So, I'm posting this to let the world know that my brain is dumb and I know it. What the heck is my problem with remembering things? Is it some sort of vitamin deficency, or is my memory really this bad. I'm sick of forgetting things. I know this rant sounds dumb, but I have NEVER been good with names,dates,you name it, and I'm officially bugged. Someone introduces themselves to me and you whould hope that I could tell you their name five seconds later. Well, don't hold your breath. You will die from suffocation. I still don't know half of the names in my ward and it's not like its people I never talk to. I know faces, but that's it. I can't even repeat my visiting teaching partner's name without some intense thought and time and we've been together for a year and a half, without missing a month. (she doen't let us).
Well anyway, this past week I was really bugged by a date. January 17. What is it that is special about Jan 17? Oh ya, it's my friend Kim's birthday. Oh wait, no,no,no,, its not; kim's is the 12th. Did someone die on the 17th? I don't think anyone was born on the 17th. Luke is the 15th, Lee the 16th, and Riker the 18th,but no 17th. Is there a show I wanted to watch on the 17th? Did I once meet someone on the 17th? Have I gained 17 pounds on the 17th? Well anyway, this is what was going on in my head all week. I was thinking about it in the tub, in bed, doing the dishes, and after a week of this I never wanted to see or hear anything about the number 17 again. But, of course, I counldn't let it go. I would like to thank Mel for restoring my sleep to me. For giving me back my sanity. I can now soak in the tub in piece. I checked out Mel's blog and realized that the 17th was Jac and Mel's WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! Well anyway, happy anniversary. Sorry it's late, but I couldn't tell you that earlier becuase I had no freaking idea what had happened on the 17th. You know something, that is the only wedding date in the family that I can remember.(well, when I'm reminded):)
Does anyone have any secret elixir or some sort of mix-your-own remedy for forgetfulness? (I've tried gorging myself on sweets but, I'm sorry to say that the clinical trials have not come out too well.)

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sooo funny because Jac is the same way. I think he actually remembers my birthday now instead of having it mixed up with Jeff's! He can't remember a name to save his life! I am pretty good at names, dates are a different story! I'm glad I could restore your peace of mind, too!!:)

Kimberly McDonald said...

I can't beleive that after all this time you can remember my birthday! You are amazing!