
This is our very first garden. It's hard to tell how big it really is from the picture. I think we got a bit carried away. We have a lot of work with a garden that consists of seven rows, which are 30 yards long. I wanted to really get into the whole canning and storage thing, but I may have more food than time when everything is ripe. Our garden contains: sting beans, carrots, spinach, beets, peas (which we planted too late and are starting to die :(, radishes, three kinds of peppers(bell, jalapeno, anaheim), pumpkins, spaghetti squash, and 36 tomato plants. We are already enjoying the radishes. Neither Alex nor I like spinach (why we planted it I have no idea, ask Al) but Pecos, our horse, is really enjoying it. It takes about 2 hours to water the whole thing. But its been fun planting and watching everything grow. If you look on the row farthest left, you'll see that nothing is growing there. That's where we planted a whole row of cantaloupe and watermelon, but none ever came up. Guess we still have a lot to learn about planting.
All of this information about our garden helps me bring up a very important topic. If, later this fall, anyone happens to find themselves extremely bored, and your fingers are just itching to peel, and preserve veggies, you be sure and let me know. :)
Here's Luke working hard in the garden.



2 comments:
whoa! that garden is huge! Your house is now called AE Heslop Family Farm. Good for you guys....I'm impressed!
Erin I love your blog, I'm was so excited you left a comment on our family blog so I could find yours. Did you see the Idaho one? I really want to see all your pictures.
Post a Comment